Use mechanical turning in complex care scenarios to eliminate secondary complications, patient trauma and nursing staff injury:
- Turn/log-roll critically injured patients safely without further trauma or discomfort
- Reduce multi-system complications such as pressure ulcers, UTIs, & DVTs
- Prevent pneumonia and septicaemia
- Turn patients with a single operator, freeing staff for other duties
- Dramatically reduce the physical strain on nursing staff
- Universally position patients for the treatment of spinal and pelvic injuries, neurological and general trauma, and for physiotherapy during rehabilitation
- Maintain spinal alignment without compromising care
- Mechanically-aid patient transfer from point of admission onwards
- Reduce the need for expensive ECMO treatment
- Improve patient care, outcomes and recovery times
Legacy is a mechanical turning bed developed for the treatment of complex trauma, including multiple injuries, spinal, and spinal cord injuries and acute medical conditions.
With extensive input from specialist nursing and medical staff, its operation has been designed to reduce the physical strain for healthcare workers, as well as to preserve patient safety during turning, transfer and treatment.
Patients until now deemed “not for turning” can now be turned safely and comfortably – improving care without compromising their condition, injuring nursing staff or draining resources.
Clinical applications include:
- Spinal/Spinal Cord Injury
- Intensive care
- Multiple Trauma
- End of life
- Respiratory Medicine